How did you find out about Block Parents?
That’s a question that we asked our Block Parent members and the reasons were much more varied than we thought. Here’s what the results look like, in a graph:
More than 75 percent of our members joined BP because of a local contact or event—a strong indication of the neighbourhood character of Winnipeg Block Parents.
In the spectrum of reasons for joining BP, three stand out:
- previous experience with Block Parents
- circumstances at home and in the neighbourhood
- from our advertising.
- New parents
- Young children at home
- New home
- Many children in the area
- A desire to provide a safe haven
- A stay‐at‐home parent
Previous experience includes:
- Parents were Block Parents
- They used a BP home in the past
- They were previously Block Parents
- They had helped a child in the community
updated January 2022